- £447 per week
- £64 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 double beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
- Countryside views
- Garden or courtyard
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
Read the full Access Statement for this property.
Important - Please note
- Check in: 5:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
On the doorstep of Northumberland National Park and some of the best walks in the county, this traditional end of terrace country cottage, restored with all modern conveniences, is ideally located in Powburn to explore Northumberland from hills to coast.
Ten minutes driving north and you can explore Breamish Valley where there is a National Park information centre to help with any walks you may wish to attempt. Twenty minutes will take you to Rothbury, a village of great charm, with shops, pubs and restaurants. While you are there you could visit Cragside House and gardens which is a National Trust property.
Alnwick, the home of the Duke of Northumberland, is a fifteen minute drive away with the renowned Alnwick Castle and Alnwick Garden, created by the present Duchess, featuring the fantastic Tree House restaurant.
Back to the warmth and comfort of The Old Post Office Cottage to plan, with a wealth of places to visit, the next day's adventures! The cottage is a mix of old and new, having been renovated to a high standard.
- Enter through a small tiled porch into the compact hall
- Access also through rear door to porch with bench and hanging space/boot store.
- Range of floor and wall units with good work surface and storage
- Electric cooker
- Fridge freezer
- Washing machine
- Convector heater
- Crockery, cutlery, glasses, etc for up to 4 people
- Range of pans and cookware
- Window with views to garden
- Designated dining area in the kitchen with a table and four chairs
- Window with views to garden
- Large atmospheric sitting room with tiled floor and stripped pine doors
- Big, comfortable sofas, coffee table and bookshelves
- Large wood burning stove
- Freeview TV and DVD player
Bedroom & Bathroom
- 1 Double bedroom with bedside table, lamp, cheval mirror, chest of drawers and wardrobe. Wood floor with rugs. Window giving views of the garden. Freeview TV
- 1 Double bedroom with carpet, wardrobe with drawers, standard lamp and radiator. Standard size travel cot in this room.
- Fully tiled bathroom with bath and overhead shower, laminated wood floor, mirror and radiator.
- Separate WC.
Outhouse & storage
- Fuel store
- Outhouse with dryer (this is a small manoeuverable machine which can be taken into the house for use)
- Storage space available suitable for cycles and leisure equipment
- Freeview TV in sitting room
- DVD player in sitting room
- Freeview TV on one bedroom
- Off-road parking space for two cars
- Front garden both gravel and lawn with shrubs
- Garden furniture and BBQ
What's Included at Old Post Office Cottage
- Hair dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Cleaning materials
- Welcome tray (incl a bottle of wine, enough tea, coffee etc to get you started, plus a box of biscuits, also juice if you have a child)
- Heating and hot water from the wood burning stove (fuel supplied).
- Electric heaters and immersion heater are available as an alternative.
- Electricity, logs and coal
- Bed linen and towels included
- Telephone for incoming and emergency calls only. Mobile phone coverage in the village is limited but there is a public phone box opposite the cottage
- Although the property is close to the road going through the village, it has full double glazing to minimise any possible noise
There are no specific facilities for children at The Old Post Office Cottage, but should you wish to bring your own travel cot there is room for it in Bedroom 2.
Special Notes & Conditions
Notes and Conditions
- Although children welcome-regret cot and high chair not available
- Although the property is close to the road going through the village, it has full double glazing to minimise any possible noise.
- Garage and shop within half a mile
- In the locality there is a children's play park and at the nearby garage/shop, you will find an Antique & Curios centre along with a cafe which makes for an interesting visit.
Extremely clean. Very well equipped. We were very comfortable.