- £635 per week
- £91 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 4 single Zip&Link beds (combine for king/super king)
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
- Countryside views
- Travel cot
- Garden or courtyard
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Outdoor storage
- Private parking
- Rural location
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- On one level, no stairs
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Ground floor bedroom
Read the full Access Statement for this property.
Important - Please note
- The owner would love to provide your dog with a personalised welcome. If you are bringing pets with you please let us know your dog's name, breed and age.
- Check in: 5:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
- height restriction on car port (no cars with top boxes, or vans) but other parking can be arranged.
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
- As some bedrooms at this property offer flexible bed configurations (see property description) please ensure you state your preferences in the booking note field of the website booking page so that the housekeeper can prepare the property for your arrival.
The Cartshed @ Westfield is located on the edge of North Sunderland, in a tranquil setting between Seahouses and Bamburgh, the cottage is only about half a mile walk from Seahouses beach or a 15-20 minute walk or short drive from the centre of Seahouses village. Its location is close enough to enjoy all the village amenities - shops, restaurants, pubs and the harbour with trips to the Farne Islands, yet provides a peaceful retreat at the end of the day.
Originally the open-sided stone built shed where farmers have kept their carts and farm machinery since the 1830's, now fully refurbished and extended, The Cartshed offers luxury accommodation in a very traditional style - no boutique furniture, geometric designs or psychedelic colour schemes here. We offer an open plan lounge/kitchen/dining area with vaulted ceilings and beams, a huge gable window with double doors leads onto the south-facing enclosed walled patio courtyard. Stone flag floors, and traditional rustic furnishings offer a warm welcome, along with every modern convenience tucked away behind the traditional kitchen units. Two lovely bedrooms offer sleeping for 4, one room is ensuite with shower and the bed can be made up as a super king double or a twin, the other is a king size, with use of the family bathroom via Jack 'n Jill bedroom door, bath with shower over. Water heating is solar powered, heating is underfloor and we have a traditional wood burning stove for cosy winter breaks. Two off-road parking spaces are offered.
From the Car port enter the property into the stone flagged entrance hall which leads to all other rooms.
- Good range of floor and wall units with ample work surface and storage
- A mix of granite and solid wood worksurfaces.
- Electric range oven with ceramic hob
- Good range of quality pans and cookware
- Excellent range of Crockery, cutlery, glasses etc for up to 6 persons, allowing for day guests
- Nespresso Pixie machine
- Dishwasher (8 place setting)
- Thermos flask, picnicware and coolbox
The Cartshed has an open plan living area which includes a dedicated dining space with drop leaf table and 4 dining chairs.
Lounge & Living area
The Cartshed has an open plan living area, which incorporates
- Lovely spacious lounge area with beamed ceiling and wrought iron ceiling lights
- Stone flag floors throughout.
- Rustic leather sofas,
- Coffee table,
- Log burning stove,
- Wall mounted LG Smart TV with Netflix, Now TV, BBC iPlayer and ITV hub.
- Traditional pine furniture.
- Four velux roof lights provide excellent light
- Glass gable end window has double door access to lovely suntrap courtyard (gated) with barbecue and table & chairs for alfresco dining and relaxation.
- Amazon Alexa
- 1 Kingsize bedroom. Jack 'n' Jill access to family bathroom. Bright airy room with window to front of property.
- 1 Superking size/twin room with ensuite shower-room bright airy room with window to front of property with velux roof window to rear.
- Family bathroom - bath with shower over, WC and WHB. As beds are zip and link, please specify whether you would like the beds to be a double or twin at the time of booking.
- 40 inch wall mounted Smart TV in lounge
- Both bedrooms have wall mounted flat screen TVs
- Ipod Dock
- Amazon Alexa
- HDMI connection
Double door access from living area to lovely suntrap courtyard (gated) with barbecue and table & chairs for alfresco dining and relaxation.
What's Included for your Stay @ the Cartshed
- Bedding (duvets per bed & 2 pillows per person)
- Bed linen
- Towels (hand & bath sheet per person, plus bathroom hand towels)
- kitchen towel
- Oven glove
- Wall mounted Smart TV.
- Each bedroom has wall mounted TV with Freeview.
- Underfloor heating
- Solar hot water
- October-March initial supply of logs, kindling & matches.
- Welcome pack: tea, coffee (ground + intro Nespresso pod selection) sugar, milk and a sweet treat.
- K9 welcome pack if you have booked your dog
- Parking for up to 2 cars in covered car port (max height 70")
What can be arranged for your Stay @ the Cartshed
Some charges may apply
- Well behaved dogs welcome (up to 2) @ £25.00 per dog per week or part thereof
- Travel Cot (please provide your own cot linen and towels (with standard thin travel cot mattress)
- High Chair
- Plastic dog Bed
- Dog Duvet -
- Dog cage - medium or large first served basis.
Facilities for Children
- The Cartshed has limited facilities for young children
- The floors are all stone flagged
- A travel cot and high chair can be hired
- There are plenty of indoor games supplied
Bringing Your Dog on Holiday
The Cartshed welcomes well behaved dogs. When you book you will be asked to provide some information about your pet which will aide the owner in ensuring that the property is set up to welcome them.
A bit of K9 etiquette should be observed during your stay:-
- Your pet should not be left in the property unattended (unless crated - crates can be hired)
- Your pet should not be allowed in the bedrooms or on furniture
- On booking for your pet, you are confirming that it is fully up to date on its flea treatment.
- This owner provides a K9 welcome pack - dog bowl (water & food), floor mat, dog towel
The following can be hired -
- Dog duvet
- Plastic dog bed
- Dog crate medium
- Dog crate large
Special Notes & Conditions
- Beds are zip and link so please specify at the time of booking how you would like the beds to be made up.
- Low Occupancy Discount - 1 bedroom option for 2 persons; 1st November-Easter excluding Christmas, New Year and school holidays.
- Well behaved dogs welcome (up to 2) @ £25.00 each per week or part thereof.
- This is a no smoking and no vaping property.
I have stayed at the Cartshed a number of times and I am booked to return for New Year 2020. The property is fabulous and the extra touches provided by the owner are much appreciated.
Very clean, comfortable cottage with lovely welcoming Xmas pack , even my dogs got one!
Very well presented, clean and tidy. The kitchen utensils and crockery are of a very high standard.
Used Google for directions rather than any provided but it's good that it's searchable on Google maps. Loved the property, thought it was well considered and very well stocked, particularly the kitchen. We came in high season and would probably return at a quieter time of year but we decided to splurge for our first family holiday