Are You Going To Celebrate Northumberland Weekend 2019?
Published: Tuesday 12th Mar 2019
Written by: The Grace Darling Holidays Team
This event, sponsored by Langley Castle in Langley-on-Tyne, is the perfect way to enjoy everything to do with Northumberland. It was originally set up in 2017 and is now a ‘must’ if you are in the area this May!
If this is your first time in Northumberland or if you have visited many times before, you can’t help but fall in love with the place when you take part in one of these fantastic events.
The ethos of the day is to evoke pride in connection with everything Northumbrian, past and present. You will experience the culture, heritage and arts and crafts of the area, as well as all the fantastic food and drink. You can also learn about the landscape here, which varies from moorlands to coastal, as well as indulging in some of the sporting and community life.
Northumberland Day 2019 will take place on Sunday May 26th 2019, the day before the Northumberland County Show. Many people decide to attend both events and make a few days of it! This year, the county show has a whole host of events packed into its timetable:
- Atkinson Action Horses 12 noon and 4.30 pm – if you love horses, make sure you are around for this event.
- Judging of the Ridden Heavy Horses (11am) Decorated Heavey Horses Turnouts and Championship (1pm, 2.30pm and 4pm)
- Parade of Hounds and Beagles 11.30am and 3pm – come along and meet the dogs and even pet them in the main arena.
- British Carriage driving Demonstration 1.30pm
- Tractors Through the Ages - Supported by Thomas Sherriffs - 2pm – a fun event for all ages.
- Lintz Hall Farm Chicken and Egg Race 11.45am and 3.15pm
- Grand Parade 3.30pm – one not to miss!