Alnwick Castle This Valentine's Day
Published: Tuesday 30th Jan 2018
Written by: The Grace Darling Holidays Team
About the Castle
Alnwick Castle is a castle and stately home in Alnwick in the English county of Northumberland. It has a vast history and is a Grade I listed building. In 2012 it received over 800,000 visitors per year. It is a very popular Northumberland attraction throughout the year, and especially in February for Valentine’s Day, is one of the most romantic settings you can witness. Why not take your loved one here to enjoy a romantic setting and meal in the Castle Restaurant.
If you are a Harry Potter fan, this will also be a great treat for you. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone filmed on location at Alnwick Castle in autumn 2000. In 2001, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets used Alnwick Castle for shooting.
Guests can enjoy a mouth-watering three-course menu on 17th February against the backdrop of The Sanctuary at the Castle Restaurant. An acoustic guitarist, Connor Thomas, will be playing throughout the evening. The cost is £40 per person, which includes your three course meal. The meal gives you a choice of the following:
- French Onion Soup, Gruyere Croute
- Pan Fried Scallops, White Bean Puree,
- Chorizo and Roasted Red Pepper Salsa, Coriander
- Warm Salad of Salt Baked Heritage Carrots and Beetroot,
- Goats Curd, Toasted Grains, Bitter Leaves (V)
- Presse of Confit Duck, Smoked Duck Breast, Duck Liver Parfait,
- Gingerbread, Orange and Blackberries
- Pork Tenderloin wrapped in Parma Ham, Glazed Baby Carrot, Potato Fondant,
- Pistachio Crusted Black Pudding, Chain Bridge Honey and Mustard Sauce
- 10oz Rump Steak, Triple Cooked Chips, Provençal Tomato,
- Flat Mushroom, Béarnaise Sauce
- Pan Roast Turbot, Mussel Scampi, Pomme Puree,
- Charred Leeks, Champagne Sauce, Chive Oil
- Leek, Chive and Caper Scotch Egg, Charred Leeks,
- Savoy Cabbage, Curried Ketchup (V)
- Hot Chocolate Fondant Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Passionfruit Cheesecake, White Chocolate Yogurt Mousse, Mango
- Rice Pudding Crème Brulee, Poached Rhubarb, Granola
- Northumbrian Cheeseboard
It is really important to book up your table as soon as possible if you did want to enjoy Valentine’s Day in this stunning setting.
Staying in Northumberland
If you are really looking to treat your loved one this Valentine’s Day, hwy not book a self catering cottage and stay in the county for a few nights as well as enjoying a romantic meal out. There are so many other things to do in Northumberland, like walking, cycling, fishing, golf and shopping. Whatever you like to do as a couple, you can find something to suit you in Northumberland.
There are plenty of luxury cottages offered by Grace Darling holidays which are still available to book up last minute, if you still haven’t got anything planned.